I am sure you are already aware that next Monday, September 7 will be Labor Day and no school. I hope each family has a pleasant three day weekend!
We have the opportunity to read about Lou Gehrig this week - I love this reading selection and Lou's example. We'll also study prefixes, suffixes, root words, subjects and predicates. The kids will have an opportunity to check out books from the library and I hope to add Reading Buddies soon.
Solving multi step addition and subtraction story problems will be our main math goal this week. The students will be asked to draw a tape diagram to use as a model to understand the problem. The tape diagram is not meant to solve the problem - just help with comprehension. The kids will also have an opportunity to write their own multi step addition or subtraction story problems.
I noticed on Friday that my All Stars love geography! They had so many great questions, we did not have time to thoroughly discuss all the questions. We have a couple of geography projects just waiting for us to tackle.
We are going to do a fun experiment this week in science titled Sand Blasters. It models how wind can change the Earth's surface. The kids will be using goggles to conduct the experiment and hopefully feel like scientists.
At the time of my writing this note, my granddaughter is still in the hospital. We all hope she will come home soon - whenever that is. I may need to assist family members this coming week.
Once my schedule stabilizes, I plan on being available before school on Tuesday and Thursday mornings starting at 7:45 for those kids who may need a little extra support.
Enjoy your upcoming three day weekend!
Take care,
Mrs. Figueroa
Saturday, August 29, 2015
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment