I am really looking forward to Curriculum Night on Tuesday, August 18. Kindergarten through second grade will meet from 6:00 to 6:40 and third through fifth grade will be from 6:50 to 7:30. We will meet in my classroom and I will try to share as much information as possible. I will also have the schedule for parent teacher conferences available for you to select a time. The students have been promised a homework freebie if an adult from their family attends Curriculum Night - a little positive reinforcement! I will be at Curriculum Night.
We add music, resource, speech, Mrs. Damek, GATE and orchestra to our schedule this week. We are getting closer to being in the total swing of school.
Tuesday morning our first reading log is due. I hope the kids have been reading a self selected book and have at least 100 minutes on their reading log. Students may hand in their reading log on Monday if they have already reached at least 100 minutes.
The kids will spend three days studying rounding numbers. They will be taught to use a vertical number line, find a mid point, and write the number on the line to visually see where to round the number. The final two days of this week will be used on addition and multiple step addition problems. I appreciate your help reviewing the nightly math assignments with your son/daughter.
I need to spend time with my family this week as my daughter is in the hospital on bed rest. I appreciate your understanding and well wishes/prayers.
Once again, I look forward to seeing you at Curriculum Night on Tuesday evening at 6:50.
Take care,
Mrs. Figueroa
Saturday, August 15, 2015
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment