Saturday, August 22, 2015

Teacher's Note August 24, 2015

Thank you to those who were able to attend Curriculum Night last Tuesday.  I appreciate you taking the time to attend and I enjoyed sharing information.   

We had a middle of the unit math assessment on Friday.  Some of the students really understand the concepts and others do not totally understand the concepts yet.  I want to keep the assessments so I can review them with the kids myself.  We will continue to work on rounding to different units and understanding place value.  This week we work on addition and subtraction algorithm.  I really appreciate you reviewing the homework with your son or daughter to make sure they understand the concept.  Once I return,  I will make myself available to help the kids who don't understand yet.

We will improve our understanding of narrative elements this week as we read "My Name is Maria Isabel".  We'll be working on understanding the characters, plot and setting.  Plus, we will model the reading strategy of prediction to enhance our comprehension. 

That was exciting!  I was writing the blog when lightening struck the area and knocked out my computer.  I'm happy that my computer is working again.

You probably already heard, I have a new beautiful granddaughter!  She is super precious.  I need to continue to be a mom and grandmother this week.  I know I will have a substitute on Monday and Tuesday.  I may need to be absent for more days.  Thank you for your continued understanding.

Take care,
Mrs. Figueroa

No comments:

Post a Comment