Saturday, February 1, 2014

Teacher's note February 3, 2014

Congratulations to our class for winning the Spell a thon pizza party for having the highest percent correct on the test!  We will be enjoying the pizza on Tuesday, February 4th!  Now the kids can focus on gathering pledges which are due on February 11 if they want to be eligible for the limo ride or top 100 prizes.  I hope each student tries to get at least a few sponsors.  The school definitely would like to see Mr. Dotson ride a bike in a gorilla suit if we reach our school goal!

We are preparing for our field trip to Saguaro National Park on February 27th.  Please complete the permission form in Monday's Dragon folder.  We will appreciate anyone that can help provide transportation. 

Wednesday the fourth graders get to see Jimmy Stewart's Weather Bus.  He will come to our school to teach us about weather on a very technologically advanced bus!  Mr. Stewart's expertise and tools make the presentation very interesting.  I expect a great learning opportunity. 

Friday our fiction book reports are due!  I hope the students have just about finished their book and now are ready to work on the report.  I am positive that the reports and presentations will be very interesting. 

February 7 - 14 is Love of Reading Week!  We have many special activities planned and one of those will be the literacy parade on February 14. The students may dress up as a character from a favorite book.  The students will carry the book with them as they parade around campus starting at 9:00.  Parents are welcome to observe the parade if they wish.  I would like to encourage everyone to participate. The fourth grade teachers are secretly planning our costumes and books. 

Parent Teacher conferences are scheduled for February 13 and 14.  The students will be dismissed at 11:40 on both of those days.  This time conferences are set up as needed.  I will contact the families of the students that I wish we could discuss a topic.  If you want to talk with me, please let me know  you would like a conference.  I want the student to attend the conference and be part of the discussion. 

We have many exciting events in the next couple of weeks, but the vast majority of our time will be spent improving our reading, writing, math, science and social studies skills. 

May we all continue to grow, reach and succeed!

Warmly,
Mrs. Figueroa 

No comments:

Post a Comment