Saturday, November 30, 2013

Teacher's note December 2, 2013

I hope each of you enjoyed your Thanksgiving weekend - I sure did!

The character sketch that we have been working on will be due this Friday.  I would appreciate your help editing the paragraphs.  I am asking the students to type the paragraphs at home.  I will allow time in class for the students to work on other homework so they can concentrate on the character sketch at home.  The students have put a lot of effort into this assignment and I hope the final copy reflects their best job. 

We took the fraction and decimal test last Wednesday and the graded tests will be in Monday's Dragon Folder.  Students that did not demonstrate a solid understanding of the concepts will be offered another opportunity to show mastery.  This week we begin working on multi digit multiplication and division.  The kids will be taught array, partial product and algorithm multiplication strategies.  I sure hope the kids remember their multiplication facts.

This will be an unusual week with an internet safety presentation on Monday and ATI reading and math tests on Tuesday and Wednesday.  The reading and math test will provide information on each student's progress and what areas need more instruction.  It is the same test the students took at the beginning of the year and I will review the data to monitor growth. 

We will be reading about magnets and then conducting investigations using them.  The kids will have an opportunity to build an electromagnet and observe how it works.  I predict the kids will love the science activities we have planned for this week. 

May we all have a wonderful week full of learning opportunities!

Warmly,
Mrs. Figueroa

No comments:

Post a Comment