Congratulations to Abby and Luke for winning the election as our second semester class student council representatives. I am sure they will both do an excellent job!
We have great plans for this week! Monday morning is the Strive for Excellence Assembly for those students receiving a cooperation or caring award. Thursday we get to participate in Our Water, Our Future, a special presentation that teaches about water in the Tucson area and how to conserve it. This activity goes perfect with our Changing Earth science unit. Friday a ranger from the Saguaro National Monument will teach the 4th grade about The Saguaro Hotel and we will view the Ruby Bridges story. The movie shows how a first grader played a major role in the desegregation of schools. I believe it is a very powerful movie. Even with all of these exciting events, most of our time will be spent on reading, writing, and math activities.
I will not be available to tutor before school this week. As one of the student council sponsors, I will be screening the 80 or so acts that have signed up for the talent show. Tutoring will begin again next week.
Please realize that next Monday, January 16th we will not have school due to Martin Luther King Day.
Take care,
Mrs. Figueroa
Saturday, January 7, 2012
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment