Monday, January 20, 2014

Teacher's note January 20, 2014

We had an excellent field trip to DeGrazia Art Museum!  The weather was beautiful, the docent was terrific and we had wonderful chaperones.  Thank you to Mrs. Lougee, Mrs. Roberts, Mrs. Stewart, Mrs. Folkerts, Mrs. Nielson, Mr. Toering and Mr. Warren for providing transportation and spending your day with us.  I hope your son or daughter thought the field trip was excellent too. 

Our spelling  for this week will be the first fifteen words of the spell- a- thon list.  We will not have any bonus words on the test for the next two weeks.  Friday we take the test for words 1-15 and next Thursday will be the test for 16 - 30.  Please encourage the students to put their best effort into studying the spelling words. 

The kids have been working on their story Too Much of a Good Thing.  I have noticed some students are not sure when to make a new paragraph or how to use quotation marks correctly.  We are working on both of those concepts in class.  The students may ask you to help edit their story.  The final copy is due on Friday and may be hand written or computer generated. 

We have an opportunity to set up a mini weather station this week and gather data like a meteorologist.  First we will need to learn about the tools and how to read them.  Students will be assigned a partner and time to gather data from our weather station. 

Our math this week will be focused on perimeter, area and symmetry. 

Please save next Tuesday evening for Night at the Museum.  It is a wonderful opportunity to walk around our campus and see a sampling of the different work and activities our students do.  The art work is amazing!  I sure hope to see you at Night at the Museum.

I am excited that track starts this Thursday after school and hope many of our class members participate.  I will be one of the coaches and so I will not be available in my class on Monday, Tuesday or Thursday afternoons until after 4.  I will do my best to keep up with the emails and phone calls.

May we all have a wonderful week full of learning opportunities!

Warmly,
Mrs. Figueroa

No comments:

Post a Comment