We enjoyed listening to terrific book report presentations last week. I was very pleased with the effort and confidence the students demonstrated. We did not have enough time for everyone to present and so we will enjoy more book reports on Monday.
I am sure you are aware that we only have four school days for the students this week. Friday is a teacher grading day and class will resume on Monday, January 6th. I sincerely hope each of you have a wonderful Winter Break and I look forward to second semester!
The class will be reading the novel Chocolate Fever, perhaps it is contagious this time of year. :) We will not have spelling or vocabulary words for homework this week. I decided the last two weeks were intense with the character sketch and book report back to back. We will not have language arts homework other than the reading log.
Our math goal for the week is to know how to use the division algorithm with multi digit divisors and dividends. We want to be efficient with go with what you know and the algorithm. We are at the end of our multiplication and division unit. I will make a decision whether to assess this unit before we leave for Winter Break or after we return. At this time I am undecided as to which time would be best.
A very exciting electricity investigation will be this week. The students will work in teams to wire a cardboard model house with working lights, functioning switches and no exposed wires. This will be fun!
You will notice a field trip permission form in Monday's Dragon Folder. We will need parent volunteers to help make this field trip possible. You can indicate on the form if you are able to provide transportation.
Last Thursday our staff feasted on a wonderful lunch provided by parents. It was absolutely delicious and we enjoyed eating with colleagues. Thank you for those who donated and to all of you for making Soleng Tom such a wonderful community!
Warmly,
Mrs. Figueroa
Saturday, December 14, 2013
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment