It is time to wrap up this school year and wish all of our All Stars good luck in fifth grade.
If you have not already done so, please hand in the math handbook that was given out during parent teacher conferences. It is a thin, yellow, hardback book. I would appreciate your prompt response in returning the book.
Tuesday morning at 9:15 is our final Strive for Excellence Assembly. We have 8 students that will be receiving a perseverance or problem solving award. I hope the parents of those that are receiving an award have the opportunity to attend the assembly.
The kids have been working hard on their poetry book and I have been impressed. Most students just need to finish their nature and free choice poems. The poetry book is due on Tuesday. Wednesday afternoon the fourth graders will be sharing their poetry books with each other. The students definitely need their book for that event.
Currently we are in the middle of the novel The Whipping Boy. Our plan is to complete the book Wednesday and watch the movie on Thursday.
Math this week will be a review of decimals, division and fractions.
I tend to judge my school years by how fast the time seems to pass - the enjoyable years go quickly and the difficult ones last what seems like forever. This was a very fast year! The students have endeared themselves to me. The parents and have been very supportive. A great big thank you to all the students and parents of our 2013 All Star class. I will continue to see and cheer for the students as they become fifth graders and into the future.
May we all continue to grow, reach and succeed!
Love,
Mrs. Figueroa
Saturday, May 18, 2013
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment