Monday, May 13, 2013

Teacher's note May 13, 2013

I hope each of you had a very enjoyable Mother's Day.

I really appreciate all the kindness you shared with me last week.  The class gave me a beautiful bouquet of flowers, a gigantic basket full of my favorite items and four different gift certificates.  You are extremely generous and thoughtful - thank you. 

Also thank you for your patience last week when I caught the flu.  I was disappointed that I had to cancel our field trip, miss the Family BBQ and make so many curriculum changes. 

Our language arts time this week will be used to write poetry and read the Newberry Award winning book The Whipping Boy.  We will not have spelling or vocabulary words the rest of the school year. 
The homework will be producing the final copy of poems and I encourage the students to not get behind.

The results of the unit 9 math test will be in today's Dragon Folder. Some of the students will want another opportunity to improve their score. We have returned to the three dimensional geometry unit and will review multiplication and division.

Congratulations to Isaiah and Isabella for having their story selected to be performed this coming weekend in Stories That Soar!    The best stories of the year are selected for the end of the year performance. 

Good luck to our class mates that are running for a student council office or performing in our school talent show this week.  It takes a great deal of confidence to do either of these activities.  We are proud of these kids and wish them success. 

May we all grow, reach and succeed!

Warmly,
Mrs. Figueroa

No comments:

Post a Comment