Friday, December 7, 2012

Teacher's note December 10, 2012

Our nonfiction book reports are due this Friday.  I sure hope the students have been reading their book and deciding what they would like to produce as a report.  There is always a sense of excitement when book reports are due.  Most students are very eager to present and others are concerned about completing the project on time.  I certainly look forward to the variety of presentations. 

Our weekly reading selection is a nonfiction book excerpt titled Look to the North and is about wolf pups.  I believe the class will find the information very interesting.  The reading strategy we will be enhancing is rereading to clarify. 

This week we will review many different addition strategies starting with an open number line, drag method, partial sums and finishing with the standard algorithm.  The kids should be efficient with at least two strategies.  After this week I will require the students to use the algorithm and one other strategy.   

Wednesday the fourth grade will be participating in an activity called Too Good To Throw Away.  A specialist will be teaching the class about recycling in Tucson and encouraging all of us to recycle.  The fourth grade teachers love this presentation and schedule it every year.  Perhaps your son or daughter may recycle more at home. 

We will be working on a little craft project soon and I could use your help providing non Christmas wrapping paper and bows.  Please let me know if you can donate either of these items. 

Did your son or daughter tell you about their opportunity to build a flashlight with a working switch?  Many students completed their project and others need more time.  This week will be packed with science as we learn about types of circuits, generators, and build electromagnets!  This should be exciting!

I send my best wishes to each of you.

Warmly,
Mrs. Figueroa

No comments:

Post a Comment