Friday, August 3, 2012

Teacher's note August 6, 2012

I am very pleased with the first two days of school!  All 31 of our All Stars showed up on the first day of school eager to learn.   The kids were very pleasant to be around and worked hard.  I was impressed that they were so well prepared with their supplies.  You were extremely generous with the supplies so our desks and cupboards are full.  We do not need anything else at this time. 

Tuesday evening is Curriculum Night at Soleng Tom.  The K - 2 teachers will present their information from 6:00 to 6:40 and then the 3-5 teachers will share from 6:50 until 7:30.  Please attend if at all possible.  I will offer a homework freebie coupon to a student that an adult from their family attends Curriculum Night.  I honestly believe if we communicate and understand each other that we have a far greater chance for success this year.  I will be distributing our syllabus for the year, book report schedule, reading strategies, and learner qualities.  Plus, I will try to explain as much as possible in the 40 minutes we are together!  Students are welcome to come, but the conversation and information is intended for adults. 

I hope you heard the great news that Soleng Tom Elementary once again earned an "A" ranking from the state of Arizona, it is the highest grade possible.  I believe one of the reasons our school performs so well is because of our fantastic parent support.  Thank you very much. 

I hope to see you Tuesday evening at 6:50 in our classroom. 

Take care,
Mrs. Figueroa


No comments:

Post a Comment