Saturday, August 11, 2012

Teacher's note August 13, 2012

Thank you , thank you, thank you to all of you who attended Curriculum Night.  I appreciate you taking the time from your busy schedule to support your child's education. 

This week we add a few special activities to our weekly schedule.  Monday morning at nine we will go to the library and Tuesday at 10:45 our class goes to music.  We also have an opportunity to learn about orchestra on Tuesday morning and then let the students ponder the idea of participating.   I highly recommend orchestra.  The kids will go once a week for one hour to learn about music and how to play an instrument.  Most likely the students interested in joining orchestra will come home with an information packet and permission form. 

Our Six Traits posters are very cute!  They will be on display in our class room if you have an opportunity to see them.  It appears that we have an artistic group of All Stars this year. 

I am pleading for your help to make sure your son or daughter learns their multiplication facts.  Based on our first timed multiplication test, we have an opportunity to show great improvement.  Monday a multiplication memorization sheet will be sent home.  Each evening the students will be assigned to memorize the facts for one number.  Please sign your initials when you have quizzed your son or daughter and you feel that they have memorized those facts.  Students may do more than what is assigned each night.  A homework freebie awaits those who memorize all their facts.  I will conduct a brief oral quiz when the completed form is returned to me.  This week our class time will also  be used to memorize facts and understand factors and multiples. 

A PTSA recruitment form will be in Monday's Dragon Folder.  I have already joined and I hope you join soon.  I honestly believe we have the very best PTSA in the whole state of Arizona.  They have been extremely supportive of the students and staff at Soleng Tom.  Plus, they win numerous state awards every year.  Please become a member of Soleng Tom's PTSA. 

I hope each of us has an enjoyable week full of learning experiences. 

Take care,
Mrs. Figueroa

No comments:

Post a Comment