Sunday, May 13, 2012

Teacher's note May 14, 2012

Wow, we are down to the last full week of school.  It seems like time is running out and I have to select the most important tasks that I want to complete. 

I sure hope you had a very pleasant Mother's Day and the kids remembered to give their mom the gift they made. 

We will be working on poetry all week in class.  The goal is to have the poetry book completed by next Tuesday.  Plus, we will be reading The Report Card, a novel by Andrew Clements. On Friday morning the kids have earned a read in - they get to read for two hours!  They will need to bring books from home or use our class books because library books are now due. 

I have decided to focus on fractions the rest of this school year. We will be working on ordering, fractions of a set, equivalent fractions and comparing.  The kids will mostly likely start their homework in class and finish it at home. 

Monday, May 21 is the fourth quarter Strive for Excellence assembly.  Students receiving an award will have an invitation in their Dragon Folder on May 14th.  We have a group of excellent students that will receive awards this quarter. 

Please return the math handbook if you have not already done so. 

May we all have a wonderful week!

Sincerely,
Mrs. Figueroa

No comments:

Post a Comment