Monday, May 22, 2017

Teacher's Note May 22, 2017

Can you believe we are in the final week of the school year?  I think this school year went fast!  We will not have any homework this week. 

Student council has planned Spirit Week with the following days:
Monday - Hawaii Day
Tuesday - Professional Day
Wednesday - Backwards T-shirt Day
Thursday - Rainbow Day - fourth graders wear blue

We want to congratulate Adrianna and McKenzie for being selected to perform in the school talent show on Tuesday.  We will definitely be cheering for them! 

Our math lessons this week will be reviewing decimals, fractions, area, perimeter and graphing. 

We had fantastic poetry books handed in last Friday!  The students and I will be grading them this week.  Then on Wednesday all of the fourth grade will gather in the library for Poetry and Pastries.  The kids will share their poetry in small groups and large group.  Then we will enjoy a delicious pastry! 

May I express my love and best wishes to each student and their family.  One of the kids told me last week we have a very good class.  I had to smile and answer, " Yes, we do!"  Please encourage your son or daughter to continue reading this summer. I will look forward to seeing the students and parents around campus next year. Have a very enjoyable summer.

Love,
Mrs. Figueroa 

No comments:

Post a Comment