This is a very important academic week for us. We will take the reading, writing, and math benchmark assessments. The reading will be Monday afternoon on the computer, writing is planned for Wednesday morning and finally math Friday afternoon in the computer lab. These assessments will give us information to determine if the students independently understand the concepts. We all hope they do very well!
Our biography book project is due on Friday. The kids will be given a piece of construction paper to make their timeline. The directions for the project should be in each students' red folder. The timeline should be completed Friday, but the oral presentations will continue into next week. I have seen the kids reading and writing on this project and I hope their timeline demonstrates their best effort. We look forward to seeing the completed project and hearing the presentations.
The results of our metric conversion math test will be in Monday's Dragon Folder for your to see. I was pleased with how well the students understood the concepts. If someone has not mastered the concepts yet, they may review with me or a parent and try the test again.
Next, we will be studying fractions - they are one of the major topics to understand in fourth grade. We have about 45 fraction lessons! The lessons will be rigorous and I know we can become fraction experts! Please remember I tutor before school on Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday morning should your child need assistance. I definitely appreciate your help tutoring at home nightly!
We have taken all of the multiplication timed tests now and some kids will want to retake the tests they did not get 50 correct. A letter will be going home on Monday informing you about the scores and asking for helping providing the ice cream celebration on December 17th. If you can donate one item that would be a great help!
Oh, we have exciting electricity investigations planned this week. The kids will be building their own flashlight with a working switch and no exposed wires. Plus they will investigate the properties of magnets. Science should be fun!
Thank you for your continued support!
Sincerely,
Mrs. Figueroa
Saturday, December 5, 2015
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment