Sunday, August 14, 2011

Teacher's note August 15, 2011

I enjoyed meeting the students and parents at the Pop In on Thursday.  The beginning of the school year is always exciting and frightening for each of us.  I hope to ease the fears and begin to build a trusting relationship with the kids this week.  Plus we will jump right into the curriculum. 

A few of the activities planned for this week include starting to read Fourth Grade Rats as a class and beginning The Miraculous Journey of Edward Tulane as a teacher read aloud.   We will enhance our knowledge of the six traits of writing and produce a visual to help.  Our first math unit is one digit times one digit multiplication.  Weather is the science unit that we study first.  This week we will learn the tools a meteorologist uses and set up our class weather station.  The kids will also be reading about hemispheres, continents and oceans then producing their map of the Earth with locations labeled. 

Please save next Tuesday, September 23 for Curriculum Night.  We will be meeting in my classroom and discussing schedules, routines and curriculum.  The students are welcome to attend, but the conversation will be directed at the adults.  I believe valuable information will be shared and worth your precious time. 

I am excited for this school year and sincerely hope each one of us has a wonderful year full of learning experiences. 

Warmly,
Mrs. Figueroa

No comments:

Post a Comment