The students did a very good job on their biography book reports! They were pleading with me to let them present and seemed very pleased with their work. We had some very creative presentations! I was very impressed, especially for the first book report.
We will finish up this math unit studying organized lists and vertex edge graphs. I hope we are ready to take the unit two test on Tuesday and then return to multiplication in unit three.
I believe it is very likely the kids will enjoy reading the play The Baker's Neighbor in our anthology. Cause and effect is the reading skill we will be working on this week. Plus we'll begin to study figurative language and focus on similes. Similes are comparisons using the words like or as.
We are looking forward to Stories That Soar on Friday morning at 9:00. The performance is always very entertaining. Perhaps each student is hoping that their story was selected to be performed.
There is one more form that I need to ask each parent to sign in order to participate in the BioBlitz field trip. I would appreciate your prompt response in completing the release and the parent permission form. We have been requested to not have any automobiles at the park on the day of the field trip. Please do not drive and try to meet us at the event.
Our seeds have sprouted and now we are trying to grow them further. The goal is have the bean plant produce a seed. We have a Seed Soak investigation to conduct this week too. The kids will be busy reading, writing and investigating about our Structures of Life unit.
I feel certain that this will be another exciting week full of learning.
Take care,
Mrs. Figueroa
Saturday, October 1, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment